“Stonehenge has relied on Kahuna Ventures for seven years and counting. From supporting our development efforts, to designing, building and operating our assets, Kahuna is a valuable partner. Our recent midstream business in Pennsylvania was a big success, partly due to an innovative and critically needed solution by Kahuna.”
Chuck Wilkinson, President
Stonehenge Energy Resources II, L.P.
KAHUNA has a history of providing visionary engineering and design support to start-up midstream companies as they strive to monetize their assets. Project examples include:
- Eagleclaw Midstream – Kahuna provided engineering, design, project management, construction management, permitting and compliance and start-up and commissioning support
for 320 MMSCFD of processing capacity with an additional 400 MMSCFD under construction in the Delaware Basin. Blackstone Energy Partners is under contract to purchase Eagleclaw (effective July 2017) for $2 billion.
- Tall Oak Midstream – Kahuna provided engineering, design, project management, construction management and commissioning support for the Tall Oak STACK Gathering System, which included the Chisholm Cryogenic Processing Plant. Tall Oak was acquired by EnLink Midstream Partners for $1.55 billion in December, 2015.
- Hiland Partners – Kahuna provided engineering, design and project management on a gas processing plant and gathering system. The system included two cryo plants, liquid stabilization and fractionation. This facility was part of an acquisition by Kinder Morgan in February, 2015 for approximately $3.0 billion.
- Nuevo Midstream – Kahuna provided engineering, design, project management, and construction management for multiple cryo plant expansions in the Delaware Basin. Nuevo was ultimately acquired in October, 2014 by Western Gas Partners LP for $1.5 billion.
- Caiman – Kahuna provided engineering, design and construction management for the expansion of gas processing facilities and liquid handling/stabilization. Caiman was acquired by Williams Partners in March, 2012 for $2.5 billion.
- Keystone Midstream Services – Kahuna provided engineering and design for the installation of two gas processing facilities totaling 90 MMCFD of capacity along with an extensive gathering system and field compression. Keystone sold to MarkWest Energy for $500 million in May, 2012.
- Saddle Butte – Saddle Butte Pipeline sold to Targa Resources in late 2012 for $950 million. Kahuna supported the engineering on the 20 MMCFD gas processing facility.
- Antero – Kahuna provided engineering, design, project management and construction management for Antero’s assets in the Piceance Basin. These assets were acquired by URSA Resources Group in November of 2012 for $325 million.
- Antero – In late 2010, Antero Resources sold their Woodford Shale gathering and processing facilities to Cardinal Midstream for $270 million. Kahuna was Antero’s engineering provider for the gathering system, two cryo plants, and a treating facility with a total capacity of 100 MMCFD.
- Antero – In 2005, Antero Resources sold their Barnett Shale production and gathering/treating system to XTO Energy for $685 million.